Constant Flow Escape BA Course Introduction
Constant flow emergency escape breathing apparatus is used for situations where the atmospheric conditions have become dangerous either due to the presence of toxic gases or due to insufficient oxygen.
Designed for instant operation the equipment will only function correctly provided that it:
- Has been selected to be adequate for the conditions in which it is to be used
- Has been tested and proved safe and ready before use
- Is worn correctly
- Is donned safely immediately when required
- Is used safely to prevent damage or defect
- Is only removed when safe to do so
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Design.
The Constant Flow Escape Set BA Course is designed and structured to fully comply with HSG53 Respiratory protective equipment at work A practical guide.
The course is intended for anyone required to select, operate and use constant flow emergency escape breathing apparatus.
This training is delivered as part of Confined Space Training Courses but is offered here as “Stand Alone” training for:
- Initial training
- Refresher training
- Qualification update from Low Risk Confined Space to Medium Risk Confined Space
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Content
The course consists of three sections:
- Theory/Knowledge teaching session:
- The factors to consider when selecting escape BA
- The required tests for acceptance and pre-use checks covering Hire or Buy sets
- Recognition and calculation of the duration of:
– 2 litre BA cylinders charged to 200bar
– 3 litre BA cylinders charged to 200bar
- Name and identify the component parts of a Drager CF escape BA
- The function of each of the component parts
- Recognise potential faults or dangerous occurrences during operation and use.
- Identify corrective actions to take should faults occur.
- Be aware of the difference between constant flow and positive pressure escape breathing apparatus
- Practical instruction session:
- Trainer to demonstrate:
– Wearing and adjustment of shoulder/carrying strap
– Pulling the loop to remove the locking clip
– Correct and safe donning and adjustment of the hood
– The effects of excessive breathing
– Operation of Low Pressure Warning Whistle
– Removal of hood
– Care and maintenance of the escape BA set
- Imitation and practice of all of the above by candidate.
- Trainer to demonstrate:
- Practical Assessment session:
- Wearing exercises under simulated emergency conditions.
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Pre-requisites
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Notes
- It is a legal requirement that all employees required to use the emergency escape BA equipment receive training.
- The training detailed on this page is “generic” emergency escape BA set training
- Training can be carried out at your premises provided suitable resources are available:
- Sufficient space to accommodate course numbers
- Space to use whiteboard, laptop and projector
- External training area for practical training and exercises..
- We use Drager Saver CF10min and CF15min sets for training.
- We can design and deliver training for other manufacturers equipment.
- Specific training can be designed and delivered to meet your needs.
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Venue
Training can be conducted at:
- Fire Safety Trainer practical training premises.
Details of these can be found on the contact page.
- Your premises. Please see the attached notes.
- Other suitable agreed venues.
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Duration
Constant Flow Escape BA Course Size
CF Escape BA Course Assessment
- In house written tick box questionnaire
- Practical assessment and recorded to our standards
CF Escape BA Course Qualification
- Candidates will obtain our company certification of successful pass.
- Certificates will be sent to the company and not to individual candidates and will be valid for 3 years.
CS Escape BA Course Refresher
Determined by Employer based on:
- Perceived need
- Change in equipment