Oxygen Re-breather Course Introduction
Oxygen re-breathers are self-contained respiratory protective escape devices. They are ideal escape equipment wherever toxic gases, particles or oxygen deficiency could be suddenly experienced.
An oxygen re-breather is always ready for use in an emergency and are suitable for use in:
- Hazmat Transport,
- Petrochemical Industries,
- Power Plants,
- Water Treatment & Water Utilities,
- Waste Sites.
Oxygen Re-breather Course Design.
The Oxygen Re-breather Course is designed and structured to fully comply with HSG53 Respiratory protective equipment at work A practical guide.
The course is intended for anyone required to select, operate and use emergency escape oxygen re-breathers.
This training is delivered as part of Confined Space Training Courses but is offered here as “Stand Alone” training for:
- Initial training
- Refresher training
- Qualification update from Low Risk Confined Space to Medium Risk Confined Space
Oxygen Re-breather Course Content
The course consists of three sections:
- Theory/Knowledge teaching session:
- The factors to consider when selecting eoxygen re-breathers
- The required tests for acceptance and pre-use checks.
- Recognition of the potential operating duration the equipment
- Name and identify the component parts of a Savox Oxygen Re-breather
- The function of each of the component parts
- Recognise potential faults or dangerous occurrences during operation and use.
- Identify corrective actions to take should faults occur.
- Be aware of the difference between the use of oxygen re-breathers and self contained escape breathing apparatus
- Practical instruction session:
- Trainer to demonstrate:
– Wearing and adjustment of container
– Pulling the clip to release the oxygen re-breather
– Correct and safe donning of the mouthpiece
– The effects of initial heavy breathing
– Operation of Low Pressure Warning Whistle
– Removal of hood
– Care and maintenance of the escape BA set
- Imitation and practice of all of the above by candidate.
- Trainer to demonstrate:
- Practical Assessment session:
- Wearing exercises under simulated emergency conditions.
Oxygen Re-breather Course Pre-requisites
Oxygen Re-breather Course Notes
- It is a legal requirement that all employees required to use the emergency escape BA equipment receive training.
- The training detailed on this page is “generic” emergency escape oxygen re-breather training
- Training can be carried out at your premises provided suitable resources are available:
- Sufficient space to accommodate course numbers
- Space to use whiteboard, laptop and projector
- External training area for practical training and exercises..
- We use MSA Savox Oxygen Re-breather training sets for our courses.
- We can design and deliver training for other manufacturers equipment.
- Specific training can be designed and delivered to meet your needs.
Oxygen Re-breather Course Venue
Training can be conducted at:
- Fire Safety Trainer practical training premises.
Details of these can be found on the contact page.
- Your premises. Please see the attached notes.
- Other suitable agreed venues.
Oxygen Re-breather Course Duration
Oxygen Re-breather Course Size
Oxygen Re-breather Course Assessment
- In house written tick box questionnaire
- Practical assessment and recorded to our standards
Oxygen Re-breather Course Qualification
- Candidates will obtain our company certification of successful pass.
- Certificates will be sent to the company and not to individual candidates and will be valid for 3 years.
Oxygen Re-breather Course Refresher
Determined by Employer based on:
- Perceived need
- Change in equipment