Confined Space Awareness Course Introduction
CS Awareness training is purely knowledge based with no practical input and there is no entry into a confined space.
The training course is attendance only, there is no written or practical assessment. As there is no practical training, written or practical assessment this type of training does not confer competence to enter and work in a confined space.
Confined Space Awareness Course Design.
The purpose is to explain the legal requirements, the hazards and the elements of the safe systems of work and emergency procedures. In addition the different types of confined space equipment are covered so that if required the selection of the appropriate type can be made for future work.
CS Awareness Course Content
The course consists of:
Session 01 Confined Space Introduction.
Session 02 Confined Space & other relevant legislation and ACOP
Session 03 Confined Space Classification
Session 04 Confined Space Recognition
Session 05 Confined Space Accidents
Session 06 Confined Space Hazards
Session 07 Confined Space Equipment
Session 10 Confined Space Safe Systems of Work
Session 11 Confined Space Emergency Procedures
CS Awareness Course Pre-requisites
CS Awareness Course Notes
- It is a legal requirement that all employees receive Fire Warden Training.
- The training detailed on this page is “generic” fire warden training
- Training can be carried out at your premises provided suitable resources are available:
- Sufficient space to accommodate course numbers
- Space to use whiteboard, laptop and projector
- External training area for practical extinguisher training.
- I will provide a Risk Assessment and Method
Statement for practical extinguisher training.
Please advise if you operate a Hot Work Permit system.
- Specific training can be designed and delivered to meet your needs.
- A copy of your current Fire Risk Assessment, Fire Policy, Fire Routine will be required for specific training.
- For businesses to which the Fire Safety Regulations apply, depending on the size of the business, not all employees nominated as Fire Wardens would need to be trained in the operation and use of fire extinguishers.
CA Awareness Course Venue
Your premises. See Notes
Fire Safety Trainer practical training premises.
Other suitable agreed venues.
3 hrs for Fire Extinguisher without practical fire extinguisher
Maximum 12 candidates per instructor for practical fire extinguisher training.
Tick box questionnaire.
Direct observation of different classes of extinguishers used on a simulated fire (optional)
Learners will obtain certification of attendance and successful pass.
The Certificate will clearly state the Aim and Objectives of the course.
Certificate valid for 3 years.
Determined by Employer based on:
- alteration to premises
- change of duties
- change of existing fire safety measures
Recommend refresher training for fire extinguishers.