Group Fire Safety Course Introduction
If you are a member of a club or society who would benefit from fire safety training, you could save time and money by booking with us as a group.
With over 40 years experience working in the fire safety sector principally involved in fire training we feel confident that we can design and deliver fire safety courses that will more than meet your needs.
This page provides only brief generic details of what we provide.
Please Contact Us for further information.
Group Fire Safety Course Design.
The Group Fire Safety Course is designed for all any club, society or organisation requiring fire safety training.
The course is designed not only for fire safety of the premises used by the candidates but also can include:
- Fire safety in the home
- Carbon Monoxide
- Fire safety involving white goods
- Fire safety in caravans, etc
Whatever you require we will cover.
Group Fire Course Content
The course consists of:
- Specific actual fire hazards associated with the premises and their contents and their use
- Potential causes of fire and the actions you can take to prevent or reduce the possibility of one occurring.
- Assessment of the level of fire risk and its maintenance at a tolerable level
- Means or methods of fire detection available at the premises
- Actions to take should you discover a fire
- Type and sound of the fire alarm used at the premises
- Actions to take should you hear a fire alarm
- Knowledge of the actual means of escape and secondary/alternate means of escape
- Classes of fire, methods of fire spread and means of extinction.
- Types of fire extinguisher, their means of safe operation and their limitations of use
Group Fire Course Pre-requisites
Group Fire Course Notes
- The training detailed on this page is “generic” fire safety training
- Training can be carried out at your premises provided suitable resources are available:
- Sufficient space to accommodate course numbers
- Space to use whiteboard, laptop and projector
- External training area for practical extinguisher training.
- I will provide a Risk Assessment and Method
Statement for practical extinguisher training.
Please advise if you operate a Hot Work Permit system.
- Specific training can be designed and delivered to meet your needs.
- A copy of your current Fire Risk Assessment, Fire Policy, Fire Routine will be required for specific training.
Group Fire Course Venue
Training can be conducted at:
- Fire Safety Trainer practical training premises.
Details of these can be found on the contact page.
- Your premises. Please see the attached notes
- Other suitable agreed venues.
Group Fire Course Duration
3 – 4 hours depending on level of training required.
Group Fire Course Size
Group Fire Course Assessment
None unless specifically requested.
Group Fire Course Qualification
- Candidates will will either obtain certification of attendance or successful pass.
- The Certificate will clearly state the Aim and Objectives of the course.
- Certificates will be sent to the group member who organised the training and not to individual candidates and will be valid for 3 years.
Group Fire Course Refresher